Continuing with my book review of “Taming Your Tongue” by Deborah Smith Pegues, this is Day 2 of 30 days devotional.
Topic: The Flattering Tongue
Key Bible Verses:
- Jude 1:16
- Psalm 5:12
- Esther 2
- Daniel 1
- Genesis 39-41
- Psalm 12:3
- Job 32:21-22
- Flatterer may have low self-worth
- Engaging in flattery is clear evidence of one’s lack of faith in God’s ability to give him favor with other people.
- Favor is a fringe benefit of being in right standing with our Creator
- Flattering violates personal integrity
- Is flattery worth being cut off from the blessings of God?