Continuing with my book review of “Taming Your Tongue” by Deborah Smith Pegues, this is Day 30 of 30 days devotional.
Topic: The Silent Tongue
Key Bible Verses:
- Ecclesiastes 3:1,7
- Matthew 18:15
- Numbers 30:3-5
- Numbers 30:10-15
- Not all silence is golden
- Talking is essential in maintaining effective relationships
- There should be exchange of valuable information
- Avoid negative communications highlighted from the previous chapters of the devotional “Taming Your Tongue”
- Silence is giving consent
- We should not remain silent when someone slanders us or others
- Japanese proverb: Silent worms dig holes in the walls. Meaning silence when you should be speaking ruins relationships.
“The Power of Words”
A careless word may kindle strife;
A cruel word may wreck a life.
A bitter word may hate instill;
A brutal word may smite and kill.
A gracious word may smooth the way;
A joyous word may light the day.
A timely word may lessen stress;
A loving word may heal and bless.
Conclusion: This book has been insightful to me and I hope with few excerpts and some summaries, you were also inspired from what I shared in my blog posts. So far these 30 days book review of the 30 days devotional “Taming Your Tongue” was my longest book review series. I admit after reading this book, I am not able to bridle my tongue perfectly. But hey, with the help of the Holy Spirit and our own free will to obey we can muster our tongues someday!